- Nowadays, shopping is becoming popular in our life, I have two questions for you. Please give me your opinions about shopping habit. The first question is: How does advertising influence what people choose to buy?
Tran Thi Viet My: I think if the advertisement gives the essential uses that people need. They will tend to buy this product. However, when the advertisement is boring, people often ignore it not only is the content important but the creative of the advertising decides the view of the consumer.
Huynh Nhat Le: In my opinion, advertising influence people’s behavior negatively because it almost deprive us of free and conscious will while choosing what to spend money on.
Nguyen Thuy Linh: If there were no advertising and you went to a shop, then you would just buy what you wanted based on may be what others have told you, what the product look like, or depending on the products, what it says on the label. Advertising build a band because they have seen it on television and on elsewhere.
Le Van Huynh: In my opinion, advertising provides us facilities for choosing products. Thanks to it, we can learn the advantage as well as disadvantage of the products. For instance, when advertising a product, companies mention that what kind of matters are used into the product. Therefore, we know whatever this product is good or bad and healthy or not healthy for each person. Due to this reason. Due to this reason, it’s easier for people to choose it.
Vu Thi Nga: For me, advertising has many influences what people choose to buy. Nowadays, on the internet has much advertising attract people to buy their products. When they introduce products, they usually present the good sides, good price, and images. Furthermore, they also bring some quality and effects of products. Besides, the buyer’s market also introduce and advertising products, even when you buy one product, you will be given on other it. They use the way to entice buyers.
Tran Thi Viet My: Ah, moreover, the advertising is not truthful with the quality of the product, it will make customers disappointed and never buy anything in advertising.
- Ok, the second question: Do you think that recent changes in the way people live have affected general shopping habits? Why or why not?
Nguyen Thuy Linh: Definitely, lifestyle has greatly changed people’s habit of shopping. The range of necessity has also enhanced to a great extent.
Tran Viet My: Nowadays, the internet is developing more and more so many people often go shopping online. It is an interesting way. They can buy anything they want without wasting time to go to the shop. It leads to decrease the traffic jam.
Le Van Huynh: There are many ways for people to buy goods, the most change nowadays is shopping online. It is more and more popular because it is convenient. People become lazier, they just stay at home and choose to buy what they want and you will receive it quickly.
Huynh Thi Nhat Le: Currently, people have started for branded products and thus the markets are also providing them with the desired items. The changes are notable and it is done by advertisement. While people in the past mostly purchased products and goods they mostly needed, people nowadays purchase more than they actually need.
Vu Thi Nga: In my opinion, when people change their life, the way using the money to go shopping which has affected to life and habit. Because their life changes, the mentality also changes. They regarded shopping as hobbies while they have free time. And people worldwide are becoming more materialistic. A lot of people have much money, they buy products on the internet, they need nice design without caring quality products. When they receive goods and use it. They speak scornfully it about bad quality. Therefore, I think buying online or markets should watch quality products to have good or not.
Vu Thi Nga: Finally, thank you for your cooperation.
1,134 total views, no views today
To get acquainted with part time job. I just decided to register only one subject named foundations in Vietnamese culture. I stated clearly that was not spending too much time on it. In the main part of this subject, the teacher divided our class into 6 groups for each part of Vietnam. Each group must prepare a slide and presenters to have a presentation. In the past, I always felt shy and fear when presenting in front of crowd people as well as teachers. Luckily, I joined a group that has many professional presenters on this area.
I used to leave feedback and people alway obey or agree with those opinions. I have to say that time looks like a boss. :D. And everything was ok.
We also had an awesome trip to the Vietnam museum of ethnology
According to my personal feeling the subject was the best interesting and wonderful one that I have ever never learned before
And I have a big assignment to finish this subject. That is Research Lê Sơ’s Culture period…
If there are too many grammar mistakes, please do not laugh at me because this is a draft post. Help me correct it by leaving your comment below. Thank you!
620 total views, 1 views today
After these verbs, a to-infinitive refers to the future, while a gerund expresses an earlier action, relative to the time of the verb in the main clause
– Remember doing sth: việc đã làm rồi và bây giờ nhớ lại.
I remember closing the door.
– Remember to do sth: nhớ phải làm việc gì.
Remember to close the door after class.
– Stop doing sth: dừng hẳn việc đang làm
I stopped smoking 2 months ago.
– Stop to do sth: dừng việc gì lại để làm gì
I’m working in the garden and I stop to smoke.
– Regret doing sth: việc đã làm và bây giờ thấy hối hận.
I regretted being late last week.
– Regret to do sth: Lấy làm tiếc phải nói, phải làm điều gì.
I regret to be late tomorrow.
4. Go on:
– Go on doing sth: tiếp tục làm cùng một việc gì
I went on talking for 2 hours.
– Go on to do sth: làm tiếp một việc gì khác
After discussing the English speaking club, we went on to sing.
– Mean doing sth: mang ý nghĩa
Getting bad marks means having to learn more.
– Mean to do sth: dự định
He means to join the army.
– Try doing sth: thử làm việc gì xem kết quả ra sao.
This machine doesn’t work. We try pressing the red button.
– Try to do sth: cố gắng làm gì
We try to work harder.
Ta có 2 cấu trúc câu với suggest:
– Suggest doing sth:
I suggest him applying for another job.
– Suggest + that + clause (động từ trong mệnh đề với that ở dạng should do hoặc nguyên
thể không TO).
I suggest that he (should) apply for another job.
8. See, watch, hear
– See, watch, hear + sb + do sth: Đã làm và chứng kiến toàn bộ sự việc.
I saw her go out.
– See, watch, hear + sb+ doing sth: Đã làm và chứng kiến giữa chừng sự việc.
I saw her waiting for him.
9. Love, hate, can’t bear, like
– Love, hate, can’t bear, like + doing: chỉ sở thích.
I like getting up early.
– Love, hate, can’t bear, like + to do sth: Cho là, cho rằng đó là một việc tốt cần phải làm.
I like to get up early.
10. Used to
– Be/ get used to + doing sth: quen với cái gì
I’m used to getting up early.
– Used to do sth: việc thường xuyên đã xảy ra trong quá khứ.
When I was a child, I used to walk with bare foot.
11. Sau allow, advise, permit, recomend là tân ngữ thì bổ trợ là to infinitive nhưng nếu
không có tân ngữ bổ trợ sẽ là V-ing.
They allow smoking.
They allow me to smoke.
12. Have sth done = get sth done: làm một việc gì đó nhưng nhờ hoặc thuê người khác
làm, không phải tự mình làm.
I have had my hair cut.
13. Have sb do sth = Get sb to do sth: Nhờ ai làm gì
He has his secretary type the letters.
604 total views, no views today
- Better safe than sorry – Cẩn tắc vô áy náy
- Money is the good servant but a bad master – Khôn lấy của che thân, dại lấy thân che của
- The grass are allways green on the other side of the fence – Đứng núi này trông núi nọ
- One bitten, twice shy – Chim phải đạn sợ cành cong
- In rome do as Romans do – Nhập gia tùy tục
- Honesty is the best policy – Thật thà là thượng sách
- A woman gives and forgives, a man gets and forgets – Đàn bà cho và tha thứ, đàn ông nhận và quên
- No roses without a thorn – Hồng nào mà chẳng có gai, việc nào mà chẳng có vài khó khăn!
- Save for the rainny day – Làm khi lành để dành khi đau
- It’s an ill bird that fouls its own nest – Vạch áo cho người xem lưng / Tốt đẹp phô ra xấu xa đậy lại.
- Don’t trouble trouble till trouble troubles you – Tránh voi chẳng xấu mặt nào.
- Still water run deep – Tẩm ngẩm tầm ngầm mà đấm chết voi
- Men make house, women make home – Đàn ông xây nhà, đàn bà xây tổ ấm
- East or west , home is best – Ta về ta tắm ao ta ( Không đâu tốt bằng ở nhà )
- Many a little makes a mickle – Kiến tha lâu cũng có ngày đầy tổ
- Penny wise pound foolish – Tham bát bỏ mâm
- Money make the mare go – Có tiền mua tiên cũng được
- Like father, like son – Con nhà tông ko giống lông thì cũng giống cánh
- Beauty is in the eye of the beholder – Giai nhân chỉ đẹp trong mắt người hùng.
- The die is cast – Bút sa gà chết
- Two can play that game – Ăn miếng trả miếng
- Love is blind – Tình yêu mù quáng
- So far so good – Mọi thứ vẫn tốt đẹp
- Practice makes perfect – Có công mài sắt có ngày nên kim
- Silence is gold – Im lặng là vàng
- The more the merrier – Càng đông càng vui
- Time is money – Thời gian là tiền bạc
- The truth will out – Cái kim trong bọc có ngày lòi ra
- Walls have ear – Tường có vách
- Everyone has their price – Con người cũng có giá của nó
- It’s a small world – Trái đất tròn
- You’re only young once – Trẻ con nứt mắt / Miệng còn hôi sữa
- Ignorance is bliss – Không biết thì dựa cột mà nghe
- No pain, no gain – Có làm thì mới có ăn
- A swallow cant make a summer – Một con én ko làm nổi mùa xuân
- A bad beginning makes a bad ending – Đầu xuôi đuôi lọt.
- A clean fast is better than a dirty breakfast – Giấy rách phải giữ lấy lề.
- Barking dogs seldom bite – Chó sủa chó không cắn.
- Beauty is but skin-deep – Cái nết đánh chết cái đẹp.
- Calamity is man’s true touchstone – Lửa thử vàng, gian nan thử sức.
- Catch the bear before tou sell his skin – Chưa đỗ ông Nghè đã đe hàng tổng
- Diamond cut diamond – Vỏ quýt dày có móng tay nhọn
- Diligence is the mother succees – Có công mài sắt có ngày nên kim
- Each bird loves to hear himself sing – Mèo khen mèo dài đuôi
- Far from eye, far from heart – Xa mặt cách lòng
- Fine words butter no parsnips – Có thực mới vực được đạo
- Give him an inch and he will take a yard – Được voi, đòi tiên
- Grasp all, lose all – Tham thì thâm
- Habit cures habit – Lấy độc trị độc
- Haste makes waste – Dục tốc bất đạt
- Robbing a cradle – Trâu già mà gặm cỏ non
- Raining cats and dogs – Mưa như trút nước
- A stranger nearby is better than a far-away relative – Bà con xa không bằng láng giềng gần
- Tell me who’s your friend and I’ll tell you who you are – Hãy nói cho tôi biết bạn của anh là ai, tôi sẽ nói cho anh biết anh là người như thế nào
- Time and tide wait for no man – Thời gian và nước thủy triều không đợi ai cả.
- Silence is golden – Im lặng là vàng
- Don’t judge a book by its cover – Đừng trông mặt mà bắt hình dong
- The tongue has no bone but it breaks bone – Cái lưỡi không xương đôi đường lắt léo
- A wolf won’t eat wolf – Chó sói không bao giờ ăn thịt đồng loại
- Don’t put off until tomorrow what you can do today – Đừng để những việc cho ngày mai mà bạn có thể làm hôm nay
534 total views, no views today